Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Six Years Later

Six Years Later!

Hard to believe I'm saying that. Have six years gone by since I last wrote on this blog? The whole world has changed since then. In the past six years I've traveled more than I ever would have thought. Back and forth from the U.S. to Pakistan with side trips to the U.A.E. , Istanbul and Konya and a year long stint as an English instructor in Saudi Arabia

My overseas adventures are mentioned in my book, The Eye of the Heart. It's a spiritual memoir of my journey to Islam and what happened in my life after that. I'm publishing it through Niyah Press and it will be out in late 2016, Inshallah (God-Willing). The writing itself has been quite a journey, one I started long ago, with my very first journal, first article, first poem. Alhamdulilah, I'm so glad to see it all come to fruition.


I'm going to use this blog for some sneak previews and for the photos that go with each chapter. First a word on the title. Hazrat Ali, the fourth caliph of Islam and nephew of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said,






Image result for the eye of the heart




     “The vision of the eye is limited; the vision of the heart              transcends all barriers of time and space.”
 

As a child of the sixties and seventies, I was schooled to "think with my head, not my heart." This never made sense to me. When I came closer to God, I realized I didn't have to choose between the two. "The heart is the seat of intellect". Hence my title, The Eye of the Heart. Stay tuned for more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment