Thursday, July 15, 2010

Complicated Story

Complicated Story


Today you were a deer in my yard.
A young deer, a faun,
with beautiful, deep brown eyes,
The shining eyes of a horse
With the mischievous glint of a hunter
Promising quite a great ride

I drew him in
And encouraged
With sweet, coaxing words
To let him know how handsome I thought he was
How lovely and how loving!
I praised his absolute beauty and burgeoning power
I told him
You’ll be a horse very soon.


We became friends
I even crossed the neighbor’s yard to reach him
But willed him, foolishly, to turn into You
I wanted so badly for him to come near
that I cried and he ran off.

That’s when I realized
He was you!

Just think of that beautiful riding!
You’d spent all your anger
And earned my repentance.
Then we both got our reward
A wonderful shower of love

To express

The absolute power of love.

7/2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment