Tuesday, January 5, 2010

new work

Greetings and salams to all. Happy New Year! I haven't posted in a while but I'm still writing, both poetry and prose. here's a sample:



Sleep,
Sleep as deeply as you must.
I will keep watch
And try to keep the demons at bay
for both of us.


There is nothing else for me to do right now but breathe
And write this poetry.

Outward breath: La ilaha
Inward: Il Allah
This will keep me sane
Or rather,
Crazily in love.

One of two choices
Are you capable of choosing?
I am not.
Your body must go about the busyness of the world
But are you able to separate it from the whole?
If so, you are stronger than i.

All i can do,

In this fearful moment

Is try to make sense

Through these words

Of what cannot really be said.

S. Flower, 1/4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment